Hey, myrtle beach! I’m here in your inbox as usual to tell you everything you need to know about what’s happening in town. I’ll get to it. Today is September 11, 2022.
An overview of Sunday’s weather:
A shower and a thunderstorm; wet. High: 85 Low: 75. Ocean temperature: 82.9 degrees.
🏡 Looking for more real estate leads in Myrtle Beach? Let us help you reach potential buyers and set you apart from the competition. Click here to find out more.
Here are today’s top three stories in Myrtle Beach:
- Horry County Police are looking for a missing woman. Carrie Jackson, 63, was last seen Friday afternoon at her home just outside Loris on Stephanie Lane. Carrie is 5’3″ and around 145 lbs with shoulder length black/grey hair. Anyone with information is asked to call dispatch at (843) 248-1520. (WMBF) (wpde.com)
- A waterspout on the South Strand landed on Pawleys Island on Saturday. the same storm cut off electricity to nearly 1,000 customers in the Garden City area and produced a tornado warning for Little River. Everything was clear at 1 p.m. and there do not appear to be any injuries or damage around the areas. (WBTW) (wpde.com)
- About 675 runners and walkers participated in the Tunnel To Towers 9/11 5K on Saturday. Annual Run/Walk Honors New York firefighter Stephen Siller died on September 11, 2001. The event is named after the route he took to rescue people that day – from the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel to the Twin Towers. Two more T2T 5Ks performed Saturday in South Carolina at Columbia and Greenville. (WBTW)
Myrtle Beach photo of the day:
This stunning photo of a shrimp boat called Little Man was taken by Dan Blake reader in front of Greg Norman’s restaurant at Barefoot Landing. Thanks for the great photo, Dan!
Would you like look at your picture in the Myrtle Beach Daily? Send one. Make sure you allow Patch to repost the photo and let us know that you own the rights to the photo. Send your photo to email@example.com
Today in Myrtle Beach: (additional events listed today due to 9/11 ceremonies)
- 9/11 Memorial Ride @ Myrtle Beach Harley-Davidson (9 am) (or lunch at Callie Baker)
- 5th Annual Concert of Hope at Chapin Park (midday)
- 9/11 Remembrance Ceremony at Unity Memorial, Warbird Park (1 p.m.)
- Music in the Park with Carolina Soul @ Memorial Park, Surfside Beach (4 p.m.)
- Pelican Game and 9/11 Remembrance (5 p.m.)
- 9/11 Tribute @ Knights of Columbus Grand Strand #2017, Murrells Inlet (6 p.m.)
- 9/11 Memorial Vigil @ The Horseshoe, Main Street, North Myrtle Beach (7 p.m.)
- Invincible: Tribute to Michael Jackson @ The Carolina Opry (7 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans: All the fans present on Sunday September 11 can shop 20% off at the baseball stadium team store. This offer is valid for all customers with a ticket, and excludes ceilings on the ground. Doors open at 5 p.m. The first throw is at 6:05 p.m. (Myrtle Beach Pelicans via Facebook)
- News13’s weekend pet is Willy Wonkaa 3 year old mixed breed dog that you can adopt Grand Strand Humane Society. You may recognize Willy because he was returned to GSHS after being adopted last year. His adopters didn’t have enough time for Willy. He is a very energetic boy and great with kids and other dogs. He has good habits of being house trained and the shelter would like to adopt him quickly so that he does not lose all this excellent training. Besides, he’s handsome and would make a great pet! (WBTW)
- Kawanis Club seeks to open chapter for young readers at Carolina Forest. The international organization already has six chapters on the Grand Strand. The Carolina Forest chapter would be the seventh, focusing on local children’s interest in reading. The club is have a meeting on September 19 at 5:15 p.m. at the Carolina Forest Library. (WMBF)
- North Myrtle Beach Police: “COME WORK WITH US! Apply today at https://careers/nmb #JoinOurTeam #Dispatchers #jailer #firstresponder” (North Myrtle Beach Police via Facebook)
- Check out some photos from South Carolina’s biggest garage sale which took place Saturday at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center. (myhorrynews) (WBTW)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
You are officially registered for Sunday! I’ll see you bright and early Monday morning for another installment of Myrtle Beach daily.
— Kathy Mandel
About me: The best decision I ever made was to move to the Myrtle Beach area from New England a few years ago, along with my three dogs and three cats. I love dogs, cats, road trips, photography, writing, vegetarian food, live music, cycling and especially my daily walks on the beaches in and around Grand Strand.
Got a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Myrtle Beach Daily? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org